Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Renewed faith


I've so given up on that 30 day thing, If I could keep up with those things I think they would be pretty awesome but it turns out that work and school are totally against me.

I haven't blogged in a while because I just haven't felt like I have anything at all to say. I mean I still don't think I have anything worth listening to but ya'll seem to think so :)

Recently I've read a book series called The Mark of The Lion by Francine Rivers. The series is about the struggle some Christians faced during the century after Jesus was crucified. I would like to say that I was such a good Christian before hand that none of it affected me, but I would be lying. These books made me realize how much religious freedom we have now, and how much I've taken advantage of it. The struggles these characters face are nothing compared to what the main characters go through. I strongly recommend these books to anyone. The main character Hadassah honestly makes me want to be a better person. She lost her whole family in the fall of Jerusalem and she still had faith in the Lord, it in fact made her stronger. These books brought me peace and joy when I didn't even realize I needed them :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that these books brought you peace and relaxation when you needed it. Everyone needs it once in a while. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read! I'll check it out next time I'm at Borders :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love reading what you have to say :)