Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 5 Something You Hope to Do in your Life

I hope that I help people. Really, I'm not even joking, all that I want to do with my life is to help. I want to be a nurse. I used to want to be a doctor, but I learned through my Papaw's long hospital stay that nobody remembers the doctors. It's the NURSE that comes to check on you, the NURSE that you talk to about your family, who gets to meet them. There's a stronger connection, and I think I need that to keep from being burned out in my career, if not I'll crave it and miss it.

And yes, I am the cheeseball that helps everyone and everything she sees. I pay for homeless people to eat, let people slide on change at work and make it up with my own money, and I have on occassion stopped to help a turtle. I don't know what it is, but when I see people or animals or anything that looks like it needs help I get this overwhelming urge to do SOMETHING that it takes me over. If I ignore it I will beat myself up over it for days after, or end up crying and going back. I know it sounds naive, and innocent to just want to help people, but I promise I'm not any of these things, I just choose to see they good in people, and it's the good I want to help. Everybody has a little bit of if in them, and it appeals to me.

What do YOU want to do?

1 comment:

  1. Awh, this is the sweetest thing ever! :)

    I love the reasons you gave for being a nurse over a doctor. Brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love reading what you have to say :)