Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Marines' Hymn

So I've had this song stuck in my head all day long...and I don't know why..but whatever...hope it helps to write it down! Lol

The Marines' Hymn

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea.
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.


Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun.
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.


Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this song! I have had it in my head for ages. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love reading what you have to say :)