Thursday, July 14, 2011

Well I've changed

I've had quite a few old friends say this to me lately, "Why are you changing?" One asked why I was turning into a super b**** lately, another asked why I treat people like crap, and another just asked why I'd changed...I didn't know that I had? If we haven 't talked in months and you're suddenly texting me asking why I'm turning into a super B I feel like there's a problem with that conversation...but honestly the more I've thought about it, I changed. And it didn't happen overnight like everyone seems to think it has, it's been happening for a while now.

My message? Yes, I have changed. I have gone from a girl who was unsure about herself and her life into a fairly independent semi-adult. I use the words semi and fairly because I'm not there yet. I still have a lot of living left to do. Maybe I've become a super B because my fiance was gone for six months and we got to talk a total of 8-10 times. Maybe I've changed because in the last year and almost 8 months I've been through more than I thought I was getting myself into, and it overwhelmed me. Maybe if you had stuck around and listenend more to what I had to say I wouldn't have gotten a facebook message from you wondering where our friendship went. I don't have time to be friends with people who are "sometimes" friends. My life is moving pretty fast, and I need to know that my friends aren't going to bail when it become inconvenient to them. And I think I've found those friends. So, yes. I have changed, get used to it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really proud of you.

    Being a military man's girl is so incredibly difficult. As a married woman, I still screw up and have a hard time dealing with friends and people who just DONT UNDERSTAND what I go through, why I have to change and why I have to keep my feelings to myself.

    Every person that met me when I got married and still knows me now has made multiple comments about how much I have grown and changed as a woman. I always take those comments as a compliment. It makes me proud to know I'm becoming more independent, more mature, more compassionate, more understanding and more of the woman my husband needs.

    Continue to be proud of who you are, who you are becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girl this made my day! I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I'm going to start thinking of these changes as positive :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love reading what you have to say :)